Download (direct link):
Assuming that your CD drive uses letter E, what command did you use to install the Recovery Console onto your hard disk?
A. WINNT32.EXE /CMDCONS
B. WINNT.EXE /CMDCONS
C. CMDCONS.EXE C:
D. CONSOLE.EXE E: C:
E. RECOVER.EXE /S:E /T:C
42. You have a portable computer that can have a diskette drive or a CD-ROM drive in the internal drive bay, but not both. You need to create two hardware profiles under Windows XP Professional for this situation. How do you begin?
A. Run the System control panel. Choose the Hardware tab. Click the Hardware Profiles button. Copy the current profile and give the copy a new name.
B. Run the System control panel. Choose the Hardware tab. Click the Hardware Profiles button. Click the New button and give the new profile a name.
C. Run the Add New Hardware Wizard. Specify Hardware Profile as the device type to add.
D. Right-click the Computer icon in Device Manager. Choose Add Hardware Profile from the context menu.
43. Which of the following security templates provides the strictest security for a Windows XP Professional workstation?
44. Jennifer, an employee at Acme Cognac, is concerned that she doesn't have enough RAM in her Windows XP Professional computer, which runs a manufacturing program essential to the operation of your plant. You decide to use the Performance Logs and Alerts console snap-in to track page faults per second. However, you can't slow down her computer excessively. Which option would you choose? (Pick the best answer.)
B. Trace log
C. Counter log
45. Your Windows XP Professional PC isn't properly resolving computer names on your company's network. You suspect that the problem is WINS-related. Which of the following command-line utilities will show you the contents of the current NetBIOS name table? (Choose all that apply.)
B. nbtstat -n
C. nbtstat -R
46. A user comes to you with performance complaints about his Windows XP Professional computer. He has 64MB of memory and about 75MB of free disk space. What steps would you suggest he take? (Choose all that apply.)
A. Defragment the hard disk.
B. Run the Disk Cleanup Wizard.
C. Set the pagefile to 32MB.
D. Add another 64MB of memory.
47. WINS is the name of a network service that matches up which of the following?
A. NetBIOS names with domain names
B. Domain names with IP addresses
C. IP addresses with workgroup names
D. NetBIOS names with IP addresses
48. You set up a single Scheduled Task on your computer to run at 2 a.m. You find out the next day that it didn't execute. What could be possible reasons for this? (Choose all that apply.)
A. Someone has stopped the Task Scheduler service.
B. You didn't specify a proper security context for the task.
C. You didn't log on as Administrator when creating the task.
D. No one was logged on to the PC at 2 a.m.
49. You have a notebook computer that has a PC Card USB host adapter. You use the USB controller when the notebook is at your office in its docking station. However, while you're on the road, you don't use any USB peripherals. How can you reduce the computer's power consumption while on battery power? (Choose the best answer.)
A. Run the System control panel, click the Hardware tab, and click the Hardware Profiles button. Double-click the profile corresponding to the undocked state. Go to Device Manager and disable the USB controller.
B. Run the System control panel, click the Hardware tab, and click the Hardware Profiles button. Right-click the profile corresponding to the undocked state and choose Properties. In the device list, clear the check box for the USB controller.
C. Undock the computer, reboot it, and choose the undocked profile if Windows doesn't select it automatically. Remove the USB controller in Device Manager.
D. Undock the computer, reboot it, and choose the undocked profile if Windows doesn't select it automatically. Disable the USB controller in Device Manager.
50. You're using System Monitor to track CPU utilization, specifically, interrupts per second. At what value of sustained interrupt activity do you begin to suspect that a second processor is necessary to optimize system performance?
1. C. By adding a port to the existing printer definition, you allow Windows to automatically redirect all existing print jobs. Choice A is wrong because you could strain your back moving the printer. Choice B might work, but some of those files may be incomplete (in the process of spooling). Choice D is wrong because no such option exists. Objective: Manage printers and print jobs (Chapter 7).
2. C. You must keep encrypted files on an NTFS disk to keep them encrypted, so anything involving disk C: is incorrect. It's not necessary to create a new folder, however; you can just copy or move the existing folder. Backing up and restoring with NTBACKUP does preserve encryption as long as you restore to an NTFS disk, but that's a time-consuming approach. Objective: Monitor and configure disks (Chapter 7).